Print & Marketing Sales Coach – USR - NY/CT
- Under the direction of the Divisional Director of Sales and Service, implement and ensure alignment and compliance of programs to drive services sales and profit opportunities.
- Provide live and virtual support through dedicated coaching sessions to provide reinforcement of planned initiatives throughout the calendar year.
- Positively impact Sales, Margin, DPT, CopySAT (and other key behaviors) and Training Completion in territory through dedicated training, coaching and development.
- Teach and lead a retail P&MS Customer Management program aimed at growing sales and market-share of top, lapsing and other key strategic customers
- Leverage Home Office reporting and additional ad hoc analysis, when appropriate, to drive improvement in results. Sets high standards or performance for self and others.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to DSS, RVPs, DMs and P&MS Leadership, to drive improvement in field execution and programs, based on field learning's.
- Monitor timely completion of all training initiatives. Ensure all P&MS teams are 100% certified. Provide input and direction on training materials and program design.
- Partner with DMs and GMs in the hiring, training and development of new P&MS Supervisors within the territory.
- Develop structured onboarding plan in partnership with DM, to ensure new GMs and supervisors are ready for role.
- Ability to champion and drive profitable sales via unique and distinct channels, i.e. Retail Account Management, Canvassing, Business Development, etc.
- Facilitate and deliver live training sessions to develop and train the associates in stores with the goal of driving sales, service and margin.
- Build very strong relationships within the field (including RVPs, DMs and GMs) to enable in influencing without authority.
- The role should position to become a conduit of making the right influences in the field and at the same time a voice for the leadership to depend on understanding the realities at the sales floor.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6-8 years in Retail environment
- Experience in Retail environment
- Previous experience in Print & Marketing business preferred
- Ability to champion programs through Field organization
- Strong Sales and Sales Management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral,
- Master training facilitation skills
- Highly effective time management skills
- Ability to pivot and change direction/ focus based on business needs
- Ability to influence without direct authority
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.