Responsible for assisting and formulating logical statements of system/computing problems and devises solutions. Devises system and program specifications. Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining applications.
- Develops and tests applications. Maintains, revises, and updates current code, including troubleshooting, fixing bugs and improving system functionality.
- Working with others, assists in devising problem statements and proposed solutions to system-related problems and issues. Involves frequent communication and close cooperation with colleges.
- Working as part of a team, develops program specifications for new systems. Writes program documentation.
- User support on pager (evening + weekend) one week on the number of developers.
- Resource for developers
- Assists users to solve operating problems
- Attends project team and departmental meetings.
- Can be a resource for analysts if they are in need of expertise on a more complex level of programming
- Provides status reports to supervisor.
- All Other relevant tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written required
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail desirable
- Strong technical and MIS skills
- Strong knowledge in SQL, MS SQL
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- WebMethods Designer
- XML, cXML, SAML
- Basic knowledge on how to use FTP, sFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, AS2
- Basic knowledge in Java or .NET
- College degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other relevant field
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as developer
- Strong knowledge in SQL, MS SQL, XML, cXML, SAML
- Experience with WebMethods Designer would be a strong asset
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business. Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.