Inside Sales Manager
As an Inside sales leader, this position is responsible for achieving sales goals and objectives by proactively holding their inside sales team accountable to key metrics, delegating appropriate tasks, maintaining a highly engaged workforce and creating a high recognition culture. As part of Staples Business Advantage, this position must deliver incremental new sales growth annually through the business development, people development, and account management efforts.
- Attain agreed upon sales and margin objectives through managing a team of Account Managers
- Participate in account reviews for top accounts.
- Prepare sales and activity reports, communication, and follow-up
- Experience using a database to access customer, sales and data relevant to team success.
- Analyze key reporting and scorecards, making recommendations on how to improve team and individual performance
- Build long term relationships with customers as well as internal and external partners
- Review proposals, presentations, and pricing; coach team members to ensure the successful closing of business opportunities
- Manage a sales team - recruit, mentor, coach, and develop sales team members to maximize their potential.
- Effectively implement and monitor key program components, including performance to sales targets, commission plans, performance appraisals, and professional development
- Manage an hourly workforce, ensuring adherence to key policies and procedures
- Spend majority of their time on the sales floor with their sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years successful experience in business to business sales environment
- High level of business acumen including data analysis
- Strong communication skills - write and speak effectively; listening skills
- Advanced selling and negotiation skills
- Proficient computer skills: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Results oriented, self-motivated, and driven by both financial and career opportunities
- Experience managing a sales team
- Experience managing non-exempt associates
- Strong prospecting and closing abilities
- Effective decision maker
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.