Inside Sales Representative
Who we are:
Staples Business Advantage (SBA) wants to radically change the lives of our customers. We are the Pros that service customers each and every day. Together (Staples and our customers), we make the workplace work. Our goal is to provide an extra set of hands to help crush the chaos of an office manager’s unpredictable work day with our deep business expertise.
Above all, we believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from front line sales associates to support team. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people. Staples Business Advantage (SBA) is one of the most rapidly growing businesses in the world. We are building something big!
Staples Business Advantage – Business to Business Sales is looking for inside sellers who are go-getters, confident, self-motivated, and exceed goals set for them. As an inside seller, you will work warmed leads, and find/cultivate your own net new leads in your assigned geography. By getting warmed marketing leads and calling on net-new business, you get the best of both worlds to maximize your income. You will receive top notch training to prepare you for this role and make you successful.
- You want to earn the right to be perceived as the “Pros Pro”.
- You’re relentless, positive, passionate and driven. You view challenges as opportunities. You know the only way to handle rejection is to try again.
- Culture is important to you and you want to positively impact your environment and coworkers.
- You are intelligent. You know every conversation is different; you think dynamically and remain calm under pressure.
- You believe the best process is derived through constant improvement, and you are never satisfied. When you believe in the product you are selling, you are excited to share it with the world.
As a sales consultant, you will…
- Hunt for and close new customers over the phone, calling on net new customers introducing them to an array of products and services with the goal of being the main provider for everything a business needs to run well.
- Call on warm leads scrubbed by Sales Development Reps (SDR) to maximize wins and commissions.
- Meet and exceed monthly/quarterly quotas and key metrics – focusing on membership selling which provides stickier customers that spend more!
- Qualify prospects based on annual budgets and needs while using tools to align the right mid-market contract pricing program.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in Salesforce.com at all times, including activity logs and pipeline.
- Seek ways to constantly improve, absorb and apply manager and peer led coaching.
- Make a highly positive impact on culture and team - work well others, share learnings, build trust, lead by example.
- Work alongside partners from various internal groups from pricing to customer service to operations.
- In this role you will be working closely with sales specialists and support partners to drive top line revenue beyond traditional office supplies.
What You’ll Need to be a Pro:
- 1 + year related experience in sales or service in a business to business environment
- Knowledge of key Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Adaptable to a fast-paced organization with continuous change, self-starter
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Experience working in a team sales environment
- Previous experience using salesforce.com or a comparable sales/CRM tool
- Has an aptitude for learning new tools and systems quickly. We have the latest technology and want you to leverage it!
- A great culture that supports professional development and advancement. In addition to smart, capable and caring managers, we have a dedicated inside sales coach to help maximize your commission! We also have a dedicated marketing resource to make selling easier!
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) and wellness. Do weekly chair massages sound good to you?
- Flex, vacation and personal time
- Associate discounts