Staples Supply Chain Technology Team is looking for Software Engineers to help define, develop and execute state-of-the-art Robotics solutions. As a Consult Robotics Software Engineer, you will work closely with some of the brightest Hardware Engineers and Data Scientists to drive efficiency in a complex supply chain. You will define system architecture, building highly-available and secure service-based software solutions. This role will be responsible for the software that optimizes existing Automated FC solutions (AGV, AMR, Augmented Reality, Robotic Arms) and evaluating and developing new robotic applications to drive further efficiencies. This role will contribute towards the full stack from WMS interfaces, Warehouse Execution, and Robotic Controls. Successful candidates will thrive in fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design, intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology.
- Designs and develops software that enables autonomous physical processing and material handling solutions including Robotic Arms, Palletizers, Tote Stackers, Goods to Person Picking, and AGVs
- Develop system architecture and topology, and generate design specifications at the systems and sub-system levels
- Participate in all phases of software development including concept, design, prototyping, and production Integrate and test software solutions in a simulation environment and on the robots
- Uses open source tech-stack and microservice architecture
- Design and perform tests to verify software in simulation and with Robots Works with Design Engineering, Controls Engineering, and Implementation teams to develop business capabilities, technical strategies, implementation strategies and architectures
- Works with third-party developers who develop hardware-specific solutions and reviews design and manages integration with existing Staples systems
- Develops a deep understanding of business domain strategies
- MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field and 6+ years of relevant experience, or, BS in related field and 8+ years’ experience.
- Experience leveraging open source technologies and developing with service oriented architecture
- Solid understanding of software engineering frameworks, tools, and processes
- Hands on experience with system design and performance tuning
- Experience in designing highly available applications, database design, SQL
- Demonstrated knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and automated testing.
- 25-50% Travel Required
- ROS development experience
- Experience with Vision Technology/Wearable Technology Networking infrastructure, TCP/IP socket programming experience
- Self-starter with ability to execute on business objectives
- Ability to foster innovation among team members and drive best practices
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills