CDL Truck Driver-Orange City to Marcus (PT/Mon-Fri/1PM-4:30PM/$16.75/Hour)
This position requires A CDL classification and must operate CDL required equipment. Class A CDL is any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
Primary Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Organize and load product for delivery utilizing the manifest assuring the most efficient delivery route and schedule
- Deliver and unload product to and from Staples warehouse and production plant using appropriate tools
- Perform all functions in compliance with all D.O.T regulations and company safety rules
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Must have a CDL license and have previous experience driving trucks in excess of 26,000 GVWR
- Must have a valid driver’s license; be at least 21 years of age; can read, write and speak the English language sufficient to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records
- Must be D.O.T. certified with a good driving record and physically qualified to drive by passing a DOT physical
- Prior experience with safe operating of hand truck/dolly type equipment
- On-the-job training for pallet jack and OSHA training for stand-up lift and order puller is required
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 35 pounds by hand. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck with a gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds, and must be able to safely enter and exit the truck throughout the day and may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to Staples production warehouse.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.