Customer Care Specialist - Office Furniture
- Manage purchase orders, vendor acknowledgments and merchandise returns for customers.
- Perform special order handling for non-stock items by recording, researching, tracking, and pricing special orders.
- Verify product costs, order margins and chargeable service fees are accurate and escalate for managers approval if outside of guidelines.
- Identify and close opportunities through understanding of furniture vendor catalogues and product lines, use of discount structures and pricing guidelines.
- Supports strategic sales initiatives and campaigns by organizing reports and marketing collateral
- Expedite furniture orders, process credits, replacement parts and returns.
- Ability to review AutoCAD drawings with designers and sales to ensure kit of parts is accurate prior to order entry.
- Manage and resolve customer concerns or problems and follows up with customers to assure appropriate action is taken and issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction, within a reasonable time frame.
- Provide timely backorder notification and must be able to provide customers with alternative products that meet their needs.
- Assists in training of sales and customer service staff along with customers on products, processes and procedures.
- Participates in ongoing process training, vendor training and furniture business updates.
- Participates in the completion of RFP’s, tenders and customer presentations
- Reviews and analyzes weekly monthly CFS sales and back log reports and actions accordingly.
- Assists sales management by compiling, consolidating, analyzing and preparing data for sales reports and presentations. Creates forms, spreadsheets and tracks promotions.
- Management and coordination of vendor catalogues and prices lists for the design library, and furniture demo program and showroom.
- Manage points assignment and sales orders for vendor spiffs.
- Daily interaction with Sales, Furniture Sales Managers and Directors, Designers, Project Coordinators, Purchasing, credit and Furniture Operations.
- Frequent Interaction with customers, vendors, and third party furniture installers.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently with little supervision, as well as working effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multi-tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Bilingualism, English and French, preferred.
- Consultative selling skills are an asset.
- Strong computer based abilities including an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications and 20-20 worksheet
- Must possess the ability to calculate margin and provide customers with detailed quotes
- Able to work in a fast paced, high-demand environment
- Minimum 2 years previous customer service experience and office furniture industry knowledge.
- Experience using 20-20 worksheet software and AutoCAD is an asset.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures in the furniture industry
- Working knowledge of CFS or similar Order Management System.
- Experienced and proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, with working knowledge and skill in MS PowerPoint.
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business. Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.