Manager, BI/Analytics (SSAS/ Power BI)
The Enterprise Analytics team is seeking a highly motivated manager of BI/Analytics Engineering. The right person will be an expert on the Microsoft BI stack including SQL Server, dimensional modeling, SSAS, SSRS, and Power BI technologies. This manager will partner with the business and be responsible for the SSAS (DAX) layers to provide custom business lens on top of data marts. In addition, they will play a heavy role in UX at the Power BI layer. If you have a passion for data, are interested in using your expertise and innovative skills to build something brand new, in an agile environment where you are empowered to make decisions, then we want to talk to you! A great opportunity awaits you!
- Oversees the Design, documents, administration and maintenance of SSAS cubes (both DAX and MDX) from dimensional models
- Implementation of data governance through the use of SSAS meta-data layers in cubes (both DAX and MDX)
- Extract complex data from multiple sources into usable and meaningful reports and analyses Mentor and support other Developers and business partners
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for development team
- Support user community on data analytics
- Perform training and knowledge transfer of technology
- Provides ongoing performance monitoring and tuning, and automation of production activities related the BI environment
- Works in conjunction with business analysts and other users acting as a liaison between technical and business departments in developing dashboards and other BI related solutions.
- Analyze existing complex systems to understand and document data elements, relationships, data flow, dependencies and their related interfaces
- Perform Unit testing and resolve defects
- Define and implement a standard way to measure projects and ROI for BI
- Engage with business partners across the company to understand their analytical needs regarding data and Business Intelligence.
- Act as a consultant/advisor in terms of translating business requirements into technical solutions and recommend tools and processes to be used to accomplish the business needs.
- Ensure we develop and maintains repeatable, systemic processes that continue to make the team more efficient.
- Work with business partners to identify areas where we can use technology to make business processes more efficient.
- Motivate, coach, and serve as a role model and mentor associates/team members
- At least 3 years of management of BI/Analytics with a strong track record of building and leading high-performing teams
- At least 3 years of SSAS design, development, maintenance and performance tuning on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above (2016 preferable)
- At least 2 years of Power BI experience
- At least 5 years of SSRS 2012 and above (2016 preferable)
- Minimum 3 years of Data quality, Data governance, and Master Data Management
- Experience with UX Design / Data Visualization strongly preferred
- Experience with dimensional data modeling
- Proven experience rolling out a modern self-service BI tool such as Tableau, Qlik, or Microsoft Power BI in collaboration with technology and business teams
- Experience providing top notch support and service to business partners
- Strong data analytical and data quality skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to present complex technical/analytical concepts to executive audience
- Experience leveraging data lifecycle methodologies and Business Intelligence best practices to drive high quality solutions
- Strong business mindset with ability to collaborate with business partners to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated passion for advanced business systems analysis
- Ability to work independently with business partners and management to understand their needs and exceed expectations in translating those needs into technical tools/solutions
- Demonstrated ability to balance the demands of multiple projects and multiple roles depending on size/type of project under tight deadlines
- Effective planning, leadership, communication, project management, and resource management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with management, coworkers, and business users
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field), Master’s degree preferred
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration Enterprise BI Application skills with one or more of the following: MicroStrategy, Cognos, Business Objects, or Microsoft Power BI or SSRS/SSAS
- Experience with Data Warehousing and ETL with one or more of the following: SSIS, Informatica, DataStage, or Pentaho
- High level knowledge of Big Data including Hadoop and Data Lakes
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and proficiency using analytic tools to answer business questions
- Strong knowledge of emerging technologies and tools
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DB and Azure DW