Senior Statistical Marketing Analyst @Quill.com
Position SummaryThe Senior Statistical Marketing Analyst will impact business results by performing timely, insightful and actionable analyses and test readouts, to influence Marketing strategy, key business initiatives, and other ongoing Product or Promotional strategy. The role requires an excellent collaborator, communicator, and project manager with extensive hands-on data experience (including superior Excel, SQL skills and statistical knowledge around testing and modeling). The candidate needs to be a flexible and independent problem solver in a fast-moving and highly diverse environment, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. The role focuses on data-mining, analyzing the data to derive business insights, and then providing recommendations to Senior Management to influence critical business decisions
- Build models that relate to Customer Relationship Management (customer lifetime value models, loyalty analysis, personalization algorithms, churn models, response models, clustering etc.)
- Partner with business to drive, execute, manage, and present results for large-scale A/B, incremental or Multivariate testing
- Analyze customer campaigns and promotions through testing and/or modeling
- Be a data expert to answer ad hoc questions and conduct deep dive analyses for the business using a variety of appropriate quantitative methods
- Use SPSS, SAS or R and Access/SQL to automate, enhance and execute current Quill reporting, test results, analysis and statistical models
- Present analytic output to soundly communicate to clients to inform strategic and tactical decision making and guide business decisions
- Manage analytical processes to effectively deliver timely, insightful and actionable analyses in support of Quill Marketing channels
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects to improve the profitability and/or efficiency of existing marketing programs
- Bachelor's degree with 4 years of experience in data analytics
- Experience with large and complex data sets and relational databases
- Masters in Statistical Analytics or MBA with Statistical Analytics/Modeling experience
- Experience in Direct Marketing Analytics, specifically on A/B testing is a plus.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Proficiency in Microsoft Access or Oracle SQL and with SPSS, SAS or R.
- Prior experience in Tableau also is a plus.
- Proactive and self-motivated work style with proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail. Ability to identify and diagnose data inconsistencies and errors.
- Teamwork and communication – this role will interact and communicate with many different teams with varying understanding of data and analytics. Must be a strong communicator of complex concepts and analysis with a wide variety of audience knowledge.
- Strong multi-tasking skills – must be able to balance multiple projects and partners.
- Ability to reprioritize and communicate the required changes and impacts to all affected parties.
- Ability to clarify objectives, design analyses to answer business questions, interpret findings, and present easy to understand actionable results
- Strong and effective presentation and communication skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.