Sr. Pricing Analyst
Staples Business Advantage is a $6B+ channel serving medium & large business customers. Given the size and maturity of this channel, the Sr. Analyst - Pricing will play an important role in further defining this channel and in building this business.
The Sr. Pricing Analyst supports both internal and external Staples Business Advantage customers. This associate will ensure that Staples is achieving sales and profitability goals while ensuring that the pricing terms & conditions in legal-contracts are adhered to. This associate must be an experienced analytical thinker & problem solver, and should be able to easily adapt to a fast-paced environment where priorities often shift.
This may include, but is not limited to, developing, administering, and recommending pricing strategies to acquire and/or retain corporate accounts, as well as management/administration of custom, catalog (or program), non-core & cross-portfolio pricing components.
The Sr. Pricing Analyst will be responsible for following pricing policies, publishing reports that provide insight into the Staples Advantage contract business, executing on plans to improve selling profits & shaping demand across Staples Advantage customers.
- Work directly with Contract Sales teams in a consultative role in creating custom pricing models.
- Identify and explain pricing and margin trends. Partner with Contract Sales teams to resolve anomalies. Make recommendations related to optimization of prices & products.
- Create management reporting as needed to assist in understanding of changing sales/margin/mix of business and to analyze and track best practices; create processes and measurements to quantify the results of actions as it relates to price setting or changes.
- Design customer specific Profitability Plans.
- Generate customer file structures to be utilized in negotiations, rollout and account management.
- Coordinate pricing-related implementation activities (pricing, rebates, bid costs, etc).
- Continuously refine and improve the item specific details and strategies based on the competitive landscape and assortment planning
- Assist / lead special projects, ad hoc analysis etc.
- Collaborate with the Contract Sales teams and other cross-functional departments on all activities related to pricing and margin.
- Analyze vast amounts of customer and product level data and be able to make recommendations about improvements and opportunities for increasing sales and profit.
- Outline margin enhancement strategies for various parts of the Contract Sales organization.
- Influence market and sales leaders to leverage new tools and strategies.
- Share best practices with other business units.
- Responsible for communicating & working with other departments that influence Contract Division’s margins.
- Work directly with Contract Sales teams in a consultative role in creating complex custom pricing models.
- Make recommendations to Contract Sales management related to optimization of portfolio.
- Assist field sales support in all tasks related to setting & managing sell prices.
- Assists management with training and onboarding of new associates.
- Understand customer buying habits in all product categories and how new initiatives/projects may impact those buying habits.
- Encouraged to “think like an owner” and identify strategic opportunities to influence and enhance pricing outcomes.
- Prioritizes and completes assignments accurately and within SLA.
- Completes number of requests within specified ranges.
- Trackable margin improvements and/or profitable sales growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (concentration in analytical- and/or financial-based areas such as business, accounting or economics desirable)
- Minimum 2-4 years previous work experience required (1-2 years’ related experience in B2B distribution environment or financial/analyst work desirable)
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills (database, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation).plus SQL (or similar DB) and AS400 systems & pricing logic
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Influencing & negotiation skills
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment – adaptability
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task a must
- Previous contract pricing experience in a B2B model
- Familiarity with Pricing Software: Vendavo, Pros, Zilliant
- Experience with Vendor deviations/rebates
- Process Innovation
- Strategic thinking and creative problem-solving activities
- Proactive, self-motivated individual who can handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.