Staples helps the world work better with work solutions that deliver industry-leading products, services and expertise across office supplies, facilities, breakroom, furniture, technology, promotional products, and print & marketing services. Staples Business Advantage is a $6B+ channel serving medium & large business customers.
- Collaborate with Contract Sales teams on new bids and contract renewals to acquire new business and retain existing business
- Assess opportunity and analyze customer data
- Identify gaps, discrepancies, or other issues with data provided by customer
- Leverage customer information, Staples systems, and other departments as necessary to effectively model account-specific cost-to-serve
- Develop account-specific pricing strategies, recommendations, and alternatives
- Create customer quote documents to be used in negotiations
- Communicate pricing strategies, rationale, and recommendations to account executive, sales directors, and senior leadership
- Influence market and sales leaders to leverage new tools and strategies.
- Assist management with training and onboarding of new associates.
- Assist or lead special pricing projects
- Manage multiple accounts and bid timelines; prioritize and communicate status to internal stakeholders; demonstrate accountability and sense of urgency for due dates and quality of work
- Collaborate and share best practices with other departments and business units.
- Apply critical thinking to proactively identify key issues, challenges, and opportunities
- Understand and be able to speak to a P&L as well as quickly gain a detailed understanding of a Staples customer P&L
- Build knowledge of Staples categories, systems, organization, industry, and strategy
- Bachelor's Degree required; concentration in analytical- and/or financial-based areas such as business, accounting, economics or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1-year previous work experience required
- Strong communication and skills, both oral and written; ability to influence
- Demonstrated skills with analytic tools (Excel, Access, SQL, or higher order analytic tools)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Previous work experience for supplier or distributor in a B2B model with vendor deviations/rebates
- Familiarity with B2B Pricing Software: Vendavo, Pros, Zilliant
- Experience in office products, facility supplies, breakroom supplies, or pack & ship products
- Negotiation skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.