Account Manager - Furniture (Livonia, MI)
OUTSIDE SALES ROLE IN OUR COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE DIVISION
Staples Business Advantage Workplace Studio provides comprehensive furniture solutions for customers of all sizes. Our furniture professionals work with customers to understand their business objectives and then create furniture solutions that support those objectives. It takes a team of talented associates to develop projects from concept to completion. Our sales professionals, interior designers, project managers, and furniture sales support associates are the best in the business – because we know that when it’s all said and done, talented teams win! Thanks for your interest in Business Interiors by Staples.
The Major Account Manager, Furniture is responsible for initiating and closing profitable furniture sales and managing overall furniture relationship within assigned accounts. The Major Account Manager serves as the primary contact for the client during the sales process and works with the other furniture support functions (design, project management, furniture sales support, etc.) to ensure that client needs are met and client satisfaction is achieved. As part of an integrated selling team, the Major Account Manager, Furniture collaborates with sales professionals from other Staples product categories to develop comprehensive sales plans for Staples accounts in an effort to maximize sales of all product categories. The Major Account Manager, Furniture reports to the Sales Director, Furniture.
- Manage transactional and contract furniture sales related activities within our largest and most complex accounts.
- The Major Account Manager will have sizeable, on-going contract sales assignment that requires strategic planning to work deeper and wider within these existing accounts.
- Key focus areas include/but not limited to needs analysis, change management planning/execution, sales growth and profitability performance.
- Develop business relationships with various influencers (A/D community, commercial real estate brokers, moving companies, etc.) in order to identify potential opportunities early, and effectively manage opportunities ranging from basic to complex, in conjunction with and supported by other key team members.
- Manage the day to day relationship with existing clients assigned to Major Account Manager
- Lead the development of creative and innovative solutions to meet client needs in a differentiated manner. Collaborate with Interior Designers to provide solutions that meet client functional, aesthetic and budgetary requirements
- Lead the project strategy process. Involve stakeholders in the development of a winning sales plan to capture targeted accounts and/or opportunities
- Work in a team selling environment to collaboratively develop account plans for existing accounts that maximize penetration and retention
- Work with other Staples lines of business to provide cross-selling opportunities
- Three years of direct selling experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Prior experience in the office furniture industry, general knowledge of systems furniture, and experience in customer interaction
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate (word processing, spreadsheets, project applications)
- Working knowledge of furniture product applications
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Must be detailed oriented
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Advanced selling skills
- Candidate should be competitive and self-motivated as well as possess the ability to balance their needs with the needs of the company
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.