Sales Development Representative-Lead Qualifier
Staples Business Advantage (SBA) wants to radically change the lives of our customers – specifically those ‘heroes’ who make their offices run every day. Our goal is to provide an extra set of hands to help crush the chaos of an office manager’s unpredictable work day. In short, we make it easy to run an office. We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
If you’re looking to kick off your career in sales, SBA’s high-energy, work hard / play hard team is looking for motivated and ambitious professionals to join the front lines of our team. The Lead Qualifiers are responsible for being the first interaction with a potential Staples Customer; qualifying and assessing customers to pass off to sales. This team has a huge effect on SBA’s bottom line: executing at the top of the funnel is what drives revenue out of the bottom.
- You view challenges as opportunities, and look forward to the challenge of bringing SBA to new markets and verticals. You’re relentless and you know the only way to handle rejection is to try again.
- You know that selling is strategic. Every conversation is different, you think dynamically and remain calm under pressure
- You believe the best process is derived through experimentation and iteration, and you are never satisfied.
- Own our inbound channels, such as incoming calls, customer requests and live chat
- Process lead lists down the lead funnel ensuring the most qualified leads hit sales
- Educate potential customers on the value of Staples Business Advantage
- Responsible for setting meetings as necessary for the sales team
- Research prospects on LinkedIn and other relevant internal databases
- No sales experience required!
- Guaranteed strong base – with no variable compensation
- You’re self-motivated and coachable: you don’t need somebody to tell you to do your job, but you welcome feedback
- You are passionate about customers!
- You’ll never back down from a challenging conversation and you love to think on your feet
- Comfortable and competent having conversations via phone and email
- Eager to learn from experienced sales professionals and grow a career in sales
- Experience using a computer, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organization and time management skills
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years’ experience in a customer focused, customer service or sales role
- What We Would Prefer, But Not Required:
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Experience selling over the phone
- Proactive in nature
- Previous experience using salesforce.com or a comparable sales tool
- Room for professional development and advancement
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan
- Vacation, Personal & flex time
- Associate discounts
- Scholarship & tuition programs and more!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.