Inventory Analyst @ Quill.com
The Analyst is responsible for forecasting promotional unit demand for core office supply SKU’s of various types and timeframes as requested by the Merchandising departments. The Analyst will utilize JDA to place orders for inventory based on need, while balancing a high in-stock percentage and inventory dollars on hand. In addition, the Analyst maybe responsible for maintaining high in-stock levels of Marketing acquisition new account kits, Marketing sales growth stuffer materials, and Quill Healthcare print production product by utilizing forecasting/planning/allocation tools. Work with Customer Relations on Inventory, SKU, and order related issues. Various functional reporting may also be required.
- Collaborating with the Category Selling Managers utilizing Microsoft SharePoint and other forecasting/planning/allocation tools to accurately forecast SKU level demand.
- Review future promotional events to make sure that appropriate demand lifts are valid, notifying the Manager and Category Selling Manager if a promotional event will not be able to achieve a high in-stock position and will not be able to be supported.
- Monitor promotional events throughout the event duration to ensure forecasts and lifts are modified if the event is under and/or over performing the original demand expectations
- Execute timely placement of orders in JDA. Track and expedite to meet in-stock requirements.
- Stock balance between distribution centers to minimize overstocks while maximizing sales and service levels.
- Work with Manager, Category Selling Manager and/or Marketing Manager proactively addressing overstock and residual inventory.
- Communicate and escalate issues to minimize impacts to customer service.
- Work with Marketing on marketing materials, including ordering, verifying FC receivals, monitoring inventory and taking necessary action to lessen customer impact.
- Working customer orders in OIM/OES (Order Entry System) and releasing backorders or communicating an accurate in stock date
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with vendors to facilitate timely and accurate process of orders and delivered product.
- Monitor vendor performance by using Staples Partners metric tools, alerting Category Selling Manager of vendor performance issues.
- Work with vendors to improve their performance and overall reliability; helping them identify opportunities to improve fill rate and on-time shipment and/or delivery metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Two to four years of Demand Planning/Purchasing/Operations/Supply Chain/Analytics work experience required.
- Flexible, detail oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- JDA background preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; strong background in MS Access preferred
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.