Responsibilities include supporting the Loss Prevention Department and Fulfillment or Distribution Center with the implementation of loss prevention related programs. These programs include but are not limited to, monitoring of employee and visitor foot traffic into and out of the assigned facility, monitoring of the employee parking lot for suspicious activity, operating the company switchboard when necessary, daily monitoring of CCTV, burglar and access control systems, interior and exterior perimeter checks, safety, shrink, and cargo loss mitigation functions within the overall warehouse environment, and other Loss Prevention duties, as needed.
• Applicant must be available to work a flexible schedule in order to support operations
• Occasional weekend shifts; variations to normal work schedules and overtime may be needed
• Provide professional administrative support and display comprehension of loss prevention and environmental health/safety programs including but not limited to worker compensation and incident case files
• Provide clerical and data processing support
• Assist and support department audits, inspections and incident investigations as directed
• Keep the LP Manager informed of all potential workplace security issues
• Maintaining order and control of the front desk, lobby areas and switchboard
• Prevent internal theft by conducting bag, container, beverage container and other personal item checks and use stationary and handheld metal detectors to screen associates and visitors exiting the facility
• Monitor entrance and front lobby to ensure all visitors are authorized, logged in and escorted
• Monitor entire property via CCTV system, fire and burglar alarm systems to respond to incidents as needed
• Answer facility phones as required
• Conduct daily check of the CCTV, Burglar and Access control systems to ensure they function appropriately
• Monitor parking lot areas to report unauthorized visitors/vehicles or unlawful activity to leadership
• Notify emergency personnel (police/fire) in the event of emergencies as appropriate
• Perform multiple daily safety related walks around the interior and exterior warehouse perimeter, to include multi-level work areas, such as Break Pack and Quality Control modules.
• Assist and support leadership team with safety, emergency crisis and evacuation drills and real events as needed
• Perform other duties and provide other operational support as needed by the direction of the LP Manager
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity.
• While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch.
• Employee is required to conduct auditing within the warehouse
• Employee will lift, lower, push, and pull heavy objects up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 70 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions in person and /or through a headset.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work in a warehouse environment, MHE, conveyors, tractor trailers, which includes working throughout seasonal temperature variations
• Use of proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• High school degree or GED, or equivalent experience required.
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to interact and communicate in a constructive and professional manner
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate competent general personal computing skills required
• Ability to work well in a team environment and maintain strict company confidentiality
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
• Loss Prevention, safety, and security experience
• Customer service experience
• Worker’s compensation claims management and safety program administration
• LP certification and OSHA certification
EQUIPMENT & TOOLS UTILIZED
• Proficiency with MS Windows and MS Office including Word, Excel and possibly Access
• Daily use of handheld metal detectors
• Aiphone-type video and audio door security and access unit
• Facility badge access control system and software
• Multi-line telephone switchboard with PA feature
• Document and photo ID printers; copier; calculator; writing instruments; personal computer; cameras; and other office equipment and machines
• Burglar and access control systems
• CCTV systems
• While performing duties of the job, the employee may operate warehouse equipment such as conveyors, hand trucks, manual pallet jacks, scissor lifts and, if certified, operate other motorized material handling equipment.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.