Architect Software Engineers eCommerce partner with both the business and technical teams to innovate and deliver new features and enhancements for the eCommerce platform. This position focuses on the design, development, and support of on-line, customer facing, eCommerce business solutions. This position leads engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Design, develop and support eCommerce projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Solves project risks and tactical problems involving complex technical issues across multiple disciplines and work effectively to mitigate them
- Lead eCommerce product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team member Investigates new design and/or analytical methodologies, techniques, and tools and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensures optimal application performance within area of technical and application expertise.
- Assesses and recommends solutions to maintain overall application health.
- Works with engineering management to develop departmental business models, technical strategies, implementation strategies and architectures. Maintains a profound understanding of engineering and business domain strategies.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- Experience with XML and JSON technologies.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Proficiency in building reusable components and moduls