Lead Hand Loading (10pm to 5:30am)
Location: Toronto Warehouse,
Date posted: 2/9/2018 9:01:56 PM
Permanent / Contract: Regular
Job number: 1039963
The incumbent will focus on the co-ordination of sortation and loading of outbound freight and provide back up to the Load Supervisor. This position will report to the Loading Supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring all orders are fully sorted and loaded and ready for next day delivery while ensuring standards are met.
- Ensures that RF loading is carried out effectively and efficiently so as to ensure a perfect order gets to the customer the very next day.
- Ensure that each function is staffed accordingly during the shift to eliminate bottlenecks and increase productivity where necessary.
- Assist in resolving production and personnel issues.
- Report shift problems to Load Supervisor.
- Experience in a warehouse environment an asset
- Previous lift truck experience required but will train if necessary
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of MS applications including Word and Excel and Alpha RF loading
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness and experience in both taking and giving direction
- Demonstrates personal integrity and reliability characteristics
- Must be able to promote a team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one year prior working experience in a similar or related role in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education and experience.
- Previous lead experience is a definite asset.
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment preferred.
- Ability to become certified in the operation of all warehouse equipment.