Sales Account Executive, Managed Print Services
OUTSIDE SALES ROLE IN OUR COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE DIVISION
Imagine working for a company that has one of the widest selections of technology products in the industry. Staples Technology Solutions (STS) is a B2B Sales division of Staples Contract and Commercial. We provide multiple solutions to businesses including data center infrastructure products and services, desktops, laptops, tablets, peripherals, Managed Print Services, and Outsourced IT products including cloud hosting and back up. From the largest global enterprises to local commercial businesses, our STS team provides customized solutions that leverage our vast purchasing, warehousing, delivery and logistics and to meet customers everyday business needs.
The STAPLES Print Account Executive role is a dedicated Managed Print Specialist providing a comprehensive print management service with the goal to help companies regain control of both their MPS, A3 and A4 print environments. Ultimately your efforts will result in a cost-effective, brand-neutral plan that can work both with companies existing print fleets as well as a refresh of new printers and copiers. With your efforts and our comprehensive plan, from assessment to implementation our goal is to ensure companies get the best solution for their organizations.
The Account Executive -MPS is responsible for meeting Managed Print Services, Print Hardware and A3 revenue and profit targets through joint sales as well as through their own business development activities. In addition, they manage joint sales activities with Staples Sales Office Products Representatives. This role will serve as the region subject matter expert and leader of Staples MPS, Print Hardware and Copier Solutions and is focused on increasing sales volumes, and expanding Staples market share for MPS, A4 and A3 sales.
- Partner with Staples Office Products sales representatives to qualify and identify MPS, Print Hardware and A3 opportunities, including defensive strategies to retain existing toner revenue stream
- Develop and propose solutions that reduce existing Staples’ customers overall document output cost in a non-managed print environment
- Conduct joint customer sales calls with Staples Office Products sales representatives and STS sales representatives to develop, propose, present and close MPS opportunities
- Your efforts will help lead MPS assessments, proposal development and RFP responses
- Define MPS strategy, assessment criteria and total cost of ownership (TCO) variables within each unique customer account
- An intimate knowledge of cost-per-page offerings and understanding of various financing alternatives.
- Experience in outside business to business sales -- preferably in the document solutions field or related technology.
- Knowledge of networking and connectivity, digital office environment, CDIA+ certification helpful.
- Articulate communication and effective presentation skills in all business environments (small and large groups, all types of businesses, all levels of people and departments -- IT, "C" level decision makers, admin, purchasing, and users).
- High school diploma
- 2-4 years’ experience selling Managed Print Services
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, develop and present proposals that successfully articulate the managed print service value proposition and close new business
- Knowledge of Managed Print industry trends, competition, customer buying patterns and marketing techniques
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years’ experience selling Managed Print Services
- Passion for success
- Ability to mentor and/or lead a cross-functional team of sales reps with differing backgrounds to identify, qualify and close MPS solutions within their current customer and prospect base
- Expert consultative selling and negotiating skills; I.T. and C-Level Experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across organizations
- Exceptional time management, prioritization; organizational skills as well as attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.