Principal Operations Lead
The Principle Operations Lead is responsible for providing L1 (detect) / L2 (recover) technical support for all digital properties (B2C, B2B) and numerous applications/platforms that support more than one business unit or function. The Principal Operations Lead is also responsible for participating in the creation & maintenance of an operating model that relentlessly seeks to reduce MTTD (mean time to detect), MTTR (meant time to Recover) of production issues (find problems before our customers experience them!) across all digital platforms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, day-to-day technical support, proactive monitoring and management, evaluation of new and emerging technologies, and maintaining third party support relationships. Primary
- Oversees 24x7x365 onsite & offshore teams (Associates, contractors) that provide L1/L2 support Creates/Maintains weekly/monthly/quarterly operations reports Manages production issues root cause analysis/resolution (COE) process
- Participates, reviews daily/weekly production updates/releases
- Provides technical support for complex production systems and services
- Use monitoring tools to support 99.99+% availability of micro services, across digital platforms
- Proactively monitors full stack (browser, application, infrastructure) for optimal performance and provides input for capacity planning.
- Creates & Maintains all relevant documentation (SOPs)
- Contributes to the design and development of a disaster recovery and system recovery plan and provides infrastructure support
- Defines infrastructure requirements for the implementation of new applications.
- Provides technical support for Staples' business unit representatives and Global Technology organizations as required.
- Maintains relationships with third party technical support providers.
- Participates in the evaluation of new products and services. Identifies areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Participates in related industry organizations and special interest groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 – 8 years of experience with several of the following technologies: ?
- Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, iOS, Android, Windows
- Databases: MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL,
- Couchbase Frameworks: Dust/Angular, Nodejs, Springboot, RxJava
- Applications/Middleware: Nginx, Apache http, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, ActiveMQ, Kafka
- Cloud: Azure, WCS Tools: Chef, Jenkins, DynaTrace, New Relic, AppDynamics, Datadog, SOASTA, ServiceNow, SPlunk
- Demonstrated success in working within cross functional teams and analytical/decision-making skills
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical operations teams, preferably at an ecommerce company
- Cloud experience on the Microsoft Azure platform or AWS
- End to end infrastructure to platform to application setup experience.
- Experience with Agile/iterative methodologies
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment Interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record
- Ability to formulate data-driven decisions