Production Support Specialist
This position is primarily responsible for supporting and improving production functionality across Staples’ Print & Marketing Svc Centers and closed-door production facilities, as well as maintaining production master-item and job cost data. The idea candidate should possess the proven ability to work closely with cross-functional teammates, external partners, IT, and Store Operations.
Primary roles include the ability to identifying workflow gaps, troubleshooting technical, assist in the creation of improved production workflow solutions, and provide regular reporting and communication of current project and pilot activities.
- Partner with PM&S and Store Operations on field communications about pilot/test activities and reporting Manage multiple vendors for scheduled media and software testing, as well as, hardware upgrades.
- Working with these vendors lead initiatives to streamline the management and roll-out of hardware configurations and software to bring tighter control to the process.
- Research production equipment and production workflow; finding areas of opportunity for labor savings and task reductions, as well as, COGs reductions through automation or process improvement
- Hardware/Software upgrade
- Production user acceptance testing
- Work with process team to develop and update user documentation and store communications
- Play an active role in the creation of a streamlined production lab environment to test software and hardware deployments before a pilot/chain rollout
- Maintain item master data in multiple systems incident to production and order intake (media and service item catalogues as well as templated-product bills of material and services) and their standard cost and direct labor attributes.
- Develop pilot programs to test new production workflows, hardware, and software changes, building business cases to support and prioritize action
- Education: minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Print science or project planning management degree preferred
- Collaborative & flexible work ethic;
- Able to work seamlessly cross functionally in a complex organization.
- Excellent communication skills with active listening and succinct and clear verbal delivery.
- Ability to navigate and resolve issues by using all technologies available to Staples users including: IS Support tools, and Microsoft Office
- 2-3 Years’ experience working in a corporate environment
- Digital Print industry experience preferred Knowledge of copy & print workflow Professional
- Computer skills
- Continuously strives to improve process and quality
- Customer focused with the goal of making it easy for our store associates and customers Must be energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Ability to manage time effectively to achieve desired result