Delivery Driver Helper (Contract - 9 months)
Assist in the delivery of office supplies and furniture on assigned routes while meeting internal schedule and quality standards. Provide customer service to customers by assisting with problem resolution as required. May occasionally be a back-up Driver.
- Assist driver in the loading of product for delivery, utilizing the manifest
- Assist in the delivery of product as per customer requirements (i.e. 2nd Floor, Receiving or Reception etc.)
- Assist in the assembly and set up of any furniture deliveries
- Address and resolve customer problems as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Previous warehouse experience required
- Experience with hand truck /dolly type Equipment (Preferred)
- Driver's license would be an asset but not required
- Knowledge of delivery routes, products, and warehouse operations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Can demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills
- Personal computer knowledge of various software programs
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must work independently with little supervision. Work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather. Work within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment.
- While performing the delivery duties, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee will lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 70 pounds by hand
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in a warehouse environment and regularly works near mechanical equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.