This role is to support the Merchandising organization in managing Staples Retail product lines for sales, margin and supply chain. This involves research, ad hoc financial planning and analysis, promo planning and execution, print vehicle merchandising, in-store merchandising, SKU set-up/maintenance. Includes communications with vendors for images, content, cost information plus communications with the Store Operations team including responding to merchandising database issues and price match requests.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate would possess a desire to learn new ideas/concepts on a daily basis, have an ability to work independently as well as cross functionally with many teams both internally and externally, and perform in a fast-paced environment with strict attention to detail.
- Proactively manage the SKU and Vendor set-up and maintenance process
- Communicate new information and forecasts to supply chain (“New for” process) through database maintenance, enter art and copy into advertising database
- Maintain all relevant flags in the AS400 (e.g. order type, part type)
- With direction from the Category Manager and DMM, conduct market research, gather industry data, track trends, themes, competitive shopping to assist with item selection
- Maintain add and drop lists to maximize in-stock of new products and prompt disposition of discontinued product
- Ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Collect and organize product information from vendors
- Obtain vendor product samples for category managers, coordinate samples for photo shoots as needed
- Proof all online and print vehicles including sku, copy, and image
- Review competitors store and online experiences for new product ideas, notable presentations and pricing discrepancies
- Plan promotions together with the Category Manager, enter them into the promotional database, and execute all promotions flawlessly
- Maintain standards of service to the merchandising issues database, support ad hoc product information requests
- Bachelor's degree
- Merchandising experience
- Aggressive and proactive attitude to solve problems and win at all levels
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently
- Able to multi-task priorities
- Financial / Analytical experience
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.