Staples Digital Solutions (SDS) represents Information Technology Services for Staples Inc. Staples is making aggressive investments to employee agile methodologies within all of the product and development teams of SDS. We believe this framework highlights the value of people, while injecting the framework of Scrum or Kanban to get things done within shorter periods of time.
The Product Scrum Master will join a growing digital team tasked with planning, managing and delivering defect fixes, enhancements, and new product capabilities to the eway.ca website. This role has three main areas of focus: scrumming, optimizing processes and tooling, and advocating excellence. This person will work closely with product owner and development manager. They will also be responsible for managing the overall scrum process and hosting ceremonies like: stand-up, sprint planning, story point and velocity management, demos, retrospectives, etc. Their ability to remove impediments and keep the teams focused and moving through a sprint is imperative. Being able to depict the output of a team in a report that highlights timeline and delivery of initiatives is important. This person will work closely with the product owner to maintain a clean backlog and with the development resources to track time and burn down. The Scrum Master will also partner with Development Managers to ensure development resources are mapping their time to the correct bucket of initiatives for finance purposes.
- Plan the annual calendar and resource allocation.
- Plan and host the ceremonies.
- Create sub-tasks, solicit accurate story pointing and lock applicable sprint scope.
- Ensure all resources have work and are logging time within each sprint.
- Be a coach for agile theory and methodology, while fostering accountability.
- Eliminate obstacles and external distractions to ensure productivity.
- Report on productivity, velocity and when milestones will be achieved.
- Communicate with product owner for any problem, question, change, backlog follow-up, etc.
- Communicate with the Business to inform them of progress, problems, delays, migration dates, etc.
- Communicate with the Development team for any information that comes from outside the team.
- Manage test cases and defect tracking.
- Understand SDLC and apply SAFe to bring features to production sooner.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with product management and technology teams executing Scrum.
- Advanced knowledge of Scrum.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Exceptional communication skills (English and French).
- Comfortable with presentations and negotiations.
- Ability to honestly communicate progress.
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations, respect the goal which is to deliver a value-added project.
- Experience managing and motivating others to get the work done, while maintaining team spirit.
- Experience managing multiple Scrum teams at one time.
- Ability to coach the best practices of agile.
- Ability to efficiently remove impediments.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict through conversation by focusing on openness, honesty and respect.
- Ability to shield the team from outside distraction to ensure productivity.
- Expertise in story point estimation, velocity planning and calculating milestone delivery dates.
- Knowledge of Jira to export reports to show burn-down, epic and initiative progress, scope change impact, etc.
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business. Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.