Receives, stores, and distributes product and equipment within the warehouse. Performs work under the direction of warehouse supervisor or manager.
- Receives and stocks product from manufacturers and wholesalers. Moves product around warehouse, operating warehouse equipment safely and efficiently. Equipment that may be utilized includes forklifts, pallet jacks, and cherry pickers.
- Ensures accurate quantities of product were received, and compares appropriate paperwork, or what’s displayed on hand-held scanner, and matching product numbers. Questions and resolves discrepancies as required.
- Enters data product information using a hand-held scanner into the warehouse database for inventory tracking to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Identifies product shortages/damages from delivery upon receipt of product.
- Stocks product in the proper location. Submits product location information to receiving as available inventory.
- Adheres to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Daily interaction with co-workers in the warehouse, drivers and purchasing personnel.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6-12 months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience.
- Must be willing to train on MHE (i.e. Order Picker lift)
- Need to have good math, reading, and writing skills.
- Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to follow directions
- Ability to make independent decisions within well-defined guidelines
- Must be a team player
- Basic math skills
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment
- Limited data entry skills