Inventory Control Clerk
Responsible for the integrity of the inventory data, including performing cycle/physical inventory counts as required. This includes quality assurance checks, audits, returns management, inventory accuracy, customer service, and the necessary follow-up and actions for correction of any errors or issues. Performs work under the direction of warehouse supervisor or manager.
Ensures the inventory counts are completed accurately for annual audits and periodic cycle counts as required (no less than once every twelve months). Completes Daily Cycle count assignments.
Researches variances between actual physical stock count and computerized balance and adjusts stock to the correct amount(s).
Monitors the rotation of products, and ensures the condition of products in the assigned area is up to standard for sale. Ensures proper stock rotations to minimize obsolete inventory
Verifies quantities and enters incoming purchase orders and outgoing stock transfers into inventory control system.
Communicates and works directly with Purchasing Department on the status of any dated product. Responsible for quality on all products, including checking & recording all date sensitive items - Rotations of all date sensitive items and pull if dates are close dated (e.g., facilities products).
Assist purchasing department with coordinating returns if required, in conjunction with the receiving department.
Enters/adjusts credit notes daily. Works on “stock on hand” shortages and “wrong product shipped” claims to correct possible stocking errors.
Effectively communicates any inventory related issues that will impact salespersons, purchasing department or financial department, and works with purchasing when inventory variances are discovered.
Researches into Abandoned pallets; resolves issues, and communicate with Warehouse Supervisor regarding mis-slotted products and the Warehouse Associate responsible.
Performs analysis of current inventory and/or usage, and ensures the proper placement of product in the warehouse bins throughout the warehouse, placing new product in the warehouse taking into consideration size of item, quantity, etc; and consolidating multiple bin.
Researches lost product and pallet situations and update inventory system
Performs receiving office duties, including data entry of PO’s, verifying purchase orders, completing claims, filling out of the daily receiving logs, matching back in stock reports, and generating various inventory reports.
Adheres to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
Operates an order selector, reach truck, forklift or an electric pallet jack safely in order to move products into correct zones for stocking.
Other duties as required
- Post secondary education preferred
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training in inventory control
- Warehouse management training would be an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, preferred
- Experience with AS400 system, preferred
- Must be willing to train on MHE (i.e Order Picker Forklift)
- Aptitude for supervising functions
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize work
- Detail oriented
- Team player with the ability to work independently with limited direction
- Effective time management and organizational skills are essential
- Strong computer skills
Physical Demands / Working conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving conveyor. Following all proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards.
- Working in a warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work in a warehouse environment.
- Work within time constraints in a fast paced environment.