Software Engineer - (Data Science)
Software Engineer - Data Science – who discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and evaluating machine learning technologies for use in customer projects. This involves analyzing business problems, study datasets, propose solutions using various methods, execute, validate and report the results. Designing, prototyping, and implementing data products will be the key activity in this position.
Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques. Data mining using methods, enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems. Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis. Doing ad-hoc analysis and articulating visual results in a clear manner. Identify and define the business use case to establish hypothesis and come up with the best suitable solution. Apply programming skills to explore data and implement statistical/machine learning models. Identify key features that helps to improve the model. This role calls for not just proof of concept build, but well versed in taking the POC to a production environment for customer use.
Improvements to data science practice, techniques and scale the team experience.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms (Training models and validation).
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka or any Machine Learning workbench.
- Good scripting and programming skills in Python, Java
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL, MongoDB, HBase, ETL tools, Spark and Hadoop framework.
- Great communication skills to articulate the Data products to Business users.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression etc.
- Experience with any data visualization tools.
- Work exposure of using MS Azure, Power BI is a plus.
- Experience in languages like C, C++
- Data-oriented personality
- A great attitude for problem solving, interest in building data products, handle ambiguity, demonstrate creativity and more importantly a TEAM player.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.