Associate Demand Planner
The Staples Brands Group Associate Demand Planner is responsible for the maintenance of processes and systems by which Staples Brands Group will purchase and sell goods to Staples Business Units around the globe, consolidating many business units into a single supply chain for product coming out of China.
The position will require the SBG Associate Demand Planner to become proficient in the multi-tier E3 system to accurately combine volumes from around the world and then purchase from vendors utilizing tiered pricing.
Associate Planner is responsible for help managing EDC $135M yearly orders and $25M average Inventory levels within budget using open-to-buy methodologies and inventory productivity metrics. Associate Planner supports managing 229,000 CBM worth of yearly orders ensuring optimal order flow to EDC capacity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. EDC Management
- The Associate Global Demand Planner assists creating item level order plans into the Export Distribution Centers (EDC) for 4,000+ items from over 200+ overseas factories. Orders to be developed by projecting demand based on forecasts from the 26 Global Staples Business Units (GSBU’s) to support inline and promotional sales.
- The Associate Planner assist in the collaboration with all Staples Business Units to drive improved service levels while minimizing inventory ownership and carrying costs at both the Export Distribution Center and the Staples Business Unit locations.
- Works closely with planner onboarding new business units and new categories to EDC.
2. Production and Inventory Control
- Assist Monitoring category, vendor and item level forecasting, drive consistency and process execution and continuous improvement
- Work with Staples Global Business Unit teams to accurately maintain item status flags and upcoming forecasts and/or purchase projections to enable EDC purchasing and inventory management
- Partners with Planner to ensure optimized flow path decisions at the vendor/business unit level
- Associate Planner communicates with global business units to action aged inventory.
- Work with Staples Brands Group Import Specialists to facilitate proper ordering into the EDC and to also assist in making GSBU allocation decisions in times of inventory constraints
- SBG suppliers to provide reliable EDC and GSBU purchase forecasts, partner with suppliers to reduce factory lead-times by using these projections.
- Help drive process and operational improvements for service metrics (turns, delivery performance).
- Support improving effectiveness to reduce costs driving reliability in the supply chain
- Assist and make recommendations to improve existing reporting and analysis tools
- Monitor category, vendor and item level forecasting, drive consistency and process execution and continuous improvement
- Learn and help implement supply chain processes and concepts
- Support Management of Global Business Units relationship through excellent communication and follow up, ensuring consumption of EDC inventory.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years of related work experience
- Strategic thinker, self- starter, team player, good communicator with strong interpersonal skills—ability to work well with different functional areas
- Must be detail oriented, well organized and good time management skill
- Problem resolution – Proven ability to proactively identify business issues and provide results or completed action plans and resolutions
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Be able to simplify complex issues and problems
- Must have ability to understand advanced mathematics and database modeling and how these are applied to generate tools and reports to manage EDC inventory.
- Strong ability to simplify and communicate the most complicated issues or problems. Continuous improvement and customer service oriented. Must have strong knowledge of Inventory Management and Merchandising planning systems.
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels. Strong meeting execution, presentation and facilitation skills Staples. International Conference calling/meetings/WebEx to accommodate Global business units, suppliers and China office
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.