Account Manager, Inside Sales Representative
What Staples Business Advantage offers you:
- Starting annual base salary at $40,000 (may vary based on experience level)
- Uncapped monthly commission plan
- 2 weeks vacation
- 2 personal paid days
- Competitive flexible benefits program
- Employer contribution to employee RRSP
- Associates’ discount program
- Joining a great corporate culture
- And much more…
The Inside Account Manager (IAM) is responsible for meeting all sales targets by uncovering and penetrating further sales opportunities within their account portfolio. The IAM is the primary sales contact for these assigned clients and works closely with their customers, Lines of Business partners, Business Development team and Sales Managers to increase sales and retain accounts through a proactive selling strategy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently achieve revenue and gross margin targets in all lines of business, through a proactive selling strategy of negotiating Staples Business Advantage as the ‘one-stop-shop’ for all business needs
- Grow lines of business sales by working with internal partners to identify all short and long term sales penetration opportunities
- Implement all Staples sales strategies to ensure company meets objectives through penetration of further sales on newly won accounts
- Develop a high value-add relationship with multiple key contact’s at each account.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals while consistently growing sales
- Strong negotiation skills with proven closing ability
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills
- Experience with a CRM platform
- Ability to function independently, as well as working effectively in a team environment
- 1-3 years of inside sales experience
- Office product industry experience helpful, distribution selling environment an asset
- Experience selling in B2B environment preferred
Education: Post-secondary education in business related discipline – Diploma or Degree preferred.
Staples Business Advantage is a large organization and continues to grow across Canada. This position can lead to various promotions including outside account management, business development, line of business specialist, sales management and other.
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business.
Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.