District Manager (Retail) - Chicagoland
- Demonstrating and reinforcing the behaviors that make every shopping experience easy for our customers.
- Optimizing all sales opportunities through execution of merchandising, marketing and sales programs.
- Training, supporting and supervising General Managers to ensure that company goals for customer service, sales, expense, payroll, inventory shrinkage and profit are achieved and exceeded according to plan.
- Ensuring timely communication between store management, distribution centers and corporate offices to facilitate effective execution of plans and procedures.
- Developing associates through training, coaching and placement in order to maintain a high caliber team.
- Ensuring security, safety and loss prevention.
- A minimum of 6 - 10 years progressively responsible management and multi-unit experience in a high volume retail environment.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to drive sales in a customer service focused environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.