Associate Manager Product Management
- Lead development of Staples brand product planning. This includes management of tactical execution of product road map as defined by VP or Director of Product Management
- Lead development of product briefs with a strong customer lens, and oversee key projects to ensure they provide sales growth and market expansion.
- Partner with merchants to ensure the strategy and roadmaps support their category objectives
- Partner closely with Product Development Manager to bring products to market
- Partner closely with channel sales and marketing/ agency to create sales and demand generation strategies
Key Job Responsibilities
Impact on Business
- Broad scale product/ project management working closely with merchants across Staples multiple business units to drive Own Brand product sales and overall brand presence.
- Communicate with other functional groups within Staples Brands Group (Product Development, Marketing and Design) to keep projects moving and achieve mutual goals.
Innovation and Change
Independent problem solving to accomplish goals
Analytical ability to provide measurable results
Recommendations for promotional products.
Communication/Interactions: Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Primary interactions will be with Product Director, Product Development Manager, Merchandising Managers, Creative Agency, Staples Brands Consulting, Design and Innovation, Channel Sales
- Cross functional team leadership
- Indirect management of product management specialists
- Execute strategy set by Director and Vice President of Product Management and Product Development
Key Performance Indicators
- Category evaluation (penetration/margin and sales reporting)
- Bachelor degree required
- 3 - 5 years related work experience
- MBA degree preferred
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Excellent Analytical skills required
- Creative thinking with a passion for innovation, customer feedback and new product opportunities
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.