Manager of Business Analystics and Data Visualization
Staples Retail Print and Marketing Services team is looking to hire a candidate with very strong business acumen, data analysis and management experience. Must love data! You and your team will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing an operational database, assembling data from a variety of databases, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support business operations. Additionally, the team will build and maintain reporting and dashboards to measure performance and highlight trends. This role will be focused primarily on customer, operational, and manufacturing analytics. We are seeking the right candidate who can work cross-functionally, autonomously with the team, and has great initiative and drive. Key
- Identify opportunities to improve manufacturing operations to drive EBITDA improvement
- Customer analytics to acquire, keep, and grow our best customers driving sales and margin
- Develop dashboards so the P&MS team can easily access results, trends and business insights
- Develop and maintain innovative dashboards for operational, manufacturing and customer data Introduce improvements for combining and consolidating data and packaging insights into easy to understand and actionable recommendations
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs while maintaining exceptional production capabilities.
- Develop metrics and KPIs for manufacturing.
- Manage insightful customer analytics to drive improved retention and acquisition.
- Identify causal relationship between metrics and recommend changes to improve performance
- Oversees responsibilities and performance of team of 2 analysts
- Conduct full performance appraisals and coaching for direct reports. Responsible for executing strategy, analyzing results and providing recommendations for improving the business thereby contributing to future strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years experience in an analytics and data focused position
- 3+ years experience managing and motivating a team of analysts.
- Responsible for managing the day to day work and career development for a team of two Sr. Analysts
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to think big while paying careful attention to detail and being highly organized
- Proficient in Excel (VLookup, PivotTables, Complex models)
- Well versed in SQL Experience manipulating large data sets using Python or R. Business savvy:
- Someone who understands the business needs and develops recommended approaches based on relevant data and analytics
- Enjoy working with people as well as data – this position will interact with many different teams.
- Must be a strong communicator of complex concepts and analysis and be able to communicate well with all levels throughout the organization. Proactive and self-motivated work style with proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Finance or accounting acumen a plus
- Proficient with BI tools (Tableau, PowerBI, …)
- Proficient with Alteryx Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions, AB testing)