Internship Program, Custom Print – Product Internship:
Quill.com has been a Chicagoland business since 1956 and currently offers our customers an assortment of more than 1,000,000 products so they can find exactly what they need—no matter what business they're in. Our annual sales now total more than $1.2 billion, and we've always understood the vital importance of customer service. Our central promise is to do whatever it takes to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
In 1998, Quill.com proudly became part of Staples, Inc., and one of the best parts of working here now is that we've maintained our original small-company feel—and added the benefits and support of a major corporation. More than 500+ associates now work in our Lincolnshire headquarters, located 40 minutes north of Chicago just off I-94.
Jump start your career – intern at Quill.com!
At Quill.com your work is visible. Excellent performance is rewarded and you’ll get to see the results of your efforts in the growth of the business. As part of the Staples, Inc. organization, you’ll enjoy the advantages of working for a major corporation and a variety of career growth opportunities, which is what makes working for Quill.com truly special.
We’ve created a 12 week Summer Internship Program for undergraduate students that put emphasis on personal growth and professional development. Throughout the summer, students have the opportunity to assume sole ownership of a designated project that can make a real impact on the business. Please note, projects may change based on business need to fit the direction of company objectives.
Custom Print – Product Internship: The Custom Print Product Team is looking for an intern who is ready to be a the forefront of putting together a custom print experience that will be best in class! The Custom Print Team is looking to integrate a custom products configurator from our largest print supplier, Taylor. By Leveraging the Taylor configurator we will be providing a superior on-line customer experience and an industry leading offering of new custom products and tools that can be utilized to configure products.
We are also looking to do in-depth analytical research and provide ideas on how to reverse the decline we have been facing in Custom Print YOY.
The intern would be responsible for:
- Assisting with SKU builds to expand assortment through the Taylor configurator
- Research underpenetrated verticals outside of Healthcare, such as Industrial and Education and what product offering we can promote to those verticals to win incremental business
- Research barriers that are preventing customers from switching suppliers and develop new ideas for converting customers over to Quill.com. Work with marketing and conduct updated survey to customers
- Enrolled at a 4 year institution
- Requires a GPA of 3.00 or higher
· Junior or Senior year of college
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to provide recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively
- Ability to work independently and effectively with others in a variety of settings
- Innovative & Creative!
- High Energy & Enthusiastic!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.