Staples Tech Services Production manager manages the Agents that are responsible for supporting Staples associates with Technical expertise. This role is in charge of the Production Line to ensure metrics are met. This includes Retail locations, Call Centers, and additional locations which require technical support for customers. These managers will be instrumental in providing coaching and training of the day to day operations of the program delivering a superior level of customer support. This support includes technical support, operational direction, providing training content for associates, and remotely controlling PC’s in stores to fulfill services. These managers will be dedicated to supporting the overall production and quality goals of their specific team as well as the overall program goals: “Fixed right the first time”, “Service completed on time”, and “Overall customer satisfaction” The Tech Services Production manager will uphold and exemplify the Staples Values: “Keep it Simple”, “Say it Like it Is”, “Work Together”, “Be Caring”, and “Own It”.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Agents to achieve all required Productivity, Quality, and time standard metrics. Leverage reporting to understand opportunities among the team and coach and counsel to improvements. Manage a telecommuting model of agents.
- Partner with the field to understand needs and improvements for the matrix. This includes managing adoption rates and working to ensure all stores are using the Tech Services group properly. Work closely with field management to their needs.
- Work closely with the Staples Tech Services support team to manage to the priorities of the business. This includes tool changes, system changes, and offering changes.
- Leverage Technology and the knowledge out in the industry to have an understanding of the Technical Services field and its evolution. This will allow the management to communicate properly with their technicians.
- Focus on the People to ensure a good productive working environment. Utilize all Staples values to ensure the team can meet the team objectives.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate or Technical Degree required
- Bachelor Degree preferred
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 5 years: Management and Managing others
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Great management and coaching skills. Good motivator.
- Proven ability to drive operational efficiency and productivity.
- Good communication and writing skills. Good at developing partnerships.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills, scheduling, and time management
- Interviewing and selecting new hires.
- Current and past technical knowledge and skills and the ability to use this to educate others to use the knowledge.
- Operational knowledge of Staples Technical Services policy and procedures.
Staples is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal,
state, or local law.