Act as the first contact to all external visitors to Staples Contact Center in Aurora and represent Staples to the highest degree in a professional, friendly & efficient manner, including answering all incoming telephone calls. Reports directly to the Facilities Manager.
• Responsible to receive, process, & appropriately direct incoming calls to the appropriate call center or manager
• Acknowledge, welcome, sign in and notify the appropriate manager of visitors to the call center
• Act as an effective first-line resource in response to requests for information from customers, suppliers and employees
• Provides information to prospective associates for recruitment purposes
• Assists in maintaining Accounts Payables for Facilities (Aurora Contact Center) and ensures checks are processed for payment.
• Opens and sorts incoming Customer Service mail
• Ensure all mail and deliveries are routed to the appropriate call center or administration. Prepares and routes all outgoing courier packages through UPS, USPS, FedEx, Staples Delivery, etc.
• Provide administrative and clerical support to Facilities team and assists Human Resources and Administration with other functions as requested (monitor terminations, set-up meetings with HR, etc.)
• Assists in coordinating, car pool program, handicap parking registration, recognition row parking, bus/light rail information input, cleaning supplies orders, cafeteria supplies, facilities supplies, name plate orders, and other special projects as assigned.
• Coordinates resolutions in the absence of the Facilities Manager such as access, heating, plumbing, cleaning, generator testing and co-ordination with the sub-landlord.
• Special projects as assigned.
Safety & Security
• Maintains first aid kits for the center monthly, replenishing as required
• Work with a variety of software such as: Security Cameras, Video Display Monitors, TMS Facility Ticket submission etc.
• Monitors and cleans employee refrigerator weekly
• Assists full time Receptionist in maintaining temporary access control log, issuing passes and badges to all visitors
• Escorts Vendors, Contractors, Utilities Personnel within facility
• Updates internal phone extension lists
• Assists full time Receptionist in maintaining vehicle registration directory
• Back up contract security guards while they are at break, lunch or outside patrol
• Assists full time Receptionist in maintaining bookings and condition (supplies in room), of conference rooms and equipment
• Back up for booking of training rooms in Admin Assistant and full time Receptionist absence
• Provide employee perks and benefits through mail distribution system (Avalanche tickets, opera tickets, holiday specials at local venues, etc.)
• Maintains some site inventory of nominal value (i.e. general office equipment, conference room supplies, etc.)
• First point of contact for phone calls and visitors to building including community members, suppliers and Staples employees.