Transportation Procurement Manager
The role of Carrier Management is to develop and execute the transportation procurement strategy across all Staples business units while leveraging Staples global buying power for transportation agreements in order to improve performance in cost and customer service. Negotiate and manage standardized contracts with clearly defined business requirements to improve service across all business units. Develop transportation partnerships that will support Staples future growth and allow for the total optimization of the Staples transportation network.
Lead analytical and project management activities necessary to support carrier selection decisions, cost take-out (Fund the Future), contract negotiations, performance management and carrier relationships with 3rd party transportation providers which include; Over-the-Road Truckload and Intermodal Carriers, Dedicated Truckload Carriers and LTL suppliers. Accountable to provide the highest level of service to customers for the lowest sustainable cost in both the United States and Canada. The position supports ~$250M+ in annual transportation spend.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must possess 5-8 years of experience in the Transportation industry including both domestic and international shipping.
- Experience in the domestic truckload intermodal and LTL (Less Than Truckload) required.
- Must possess proficient understanding of contract language, insurance coverage definitions, rate structures and risk management techniques.
- Must possess strong data gathering and reporting capabilities using tools such as Excel, Access, Tableau, Brio and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to interface successfully with various personalities, management levels, cultures and work environments.