The Learning Advisor will support the Staples Inside Sales Team on defining the learning strategy, identifying the key behaviors required to drive the business forward, developing the learning roadmap, working with the learning team to execute the strategy and measuring the progress.
The Learning Advisor will be responsible for understanding the client’s business needs to work with the entire learning team to develop a training plan to address needs. The training will be designed to increase sales, improve collaboration, increase salesforce productivity and help acquire and retain customers. He/she will attend all staff meetings within the supporting business unit and play a critical role as an indirect member of the leadership team. This role will be required to work directly with the business unit they are supporting to conduct needs assessments and identify performance gaps. He/she will also work with the leadership team within the business unit to promote development tools to help support individual development plans within the organization.
The Learning Advisor will be the trailblazers of innovation and driving training adoption. He/she will be ambassadors for training and help to champion the efforts including playing a key role in communicating the training plan and the key behaviors trained
With the learning team dispersed across the country including other members of the learning advisor team, this team will need to develop new techniques for improving collaboration to ensure everyone is aware of the projects being worked on.
This position is responsible for defining, creating and managing the execution of the learning strategy to support the business unit that they have been assigned. They will need to create the strategy, define the expected business results, work with the Learning Team to prioritize the training needed throughout the year to ensure the business needs are met
• Work directly with the business unit(s) in order to understand the client’s business and determine the learning needs to support the business strategy
• Create a customized curriculum for each job code across the business unit you support
• Work with the business to create the learning strategy and roadmap to support the specific business outcomes (to be determined by the business).
• Ensure a consistent methodology and training approach and work with the business to help support this new philosophy.
• Work with the Instructional Design/L&D Coaching team to help prioritize resources and map out the calendar
• Work with the specific groups to create the complete learning experience including being responsible for developing the communication plan, business appropriate examples, simulations, role plays, etc. and ensuring that the content/delivery vehicle matches the business needs
• Work with the business to define a learning transfer strategy and communication plan.
• Ensure all performance support initiatives are deployed and guides/tools are available for managers if needed. Provide and facilitate coaching support highlighting the success of top performers.
• Report out on the learning transfer milestones and track the business metrics.
• Be the eyes and ears of the business and work closely with the Learning Team to ensure the content and delivery is applicable for the business.
• Collaborate with your peers to ensure best practices are shared, priorities are discussed and feedback is used to improve performance across the teams.