PURPOSE OF JOB
The Billing Analyst will be responsible for timely and accurate billing of clients, complex business-to-business (B2B) billing requirements in SAP, Oracle or Ariba Applications. This role creates, manages and distributes to our clients all pre-approved custom billing, works closely with our IT Analytical /Development team, as well as our collections department leaders, and implementation teams as well as sales to meet changing and demanding needs of our key clients. The Billing Analyst acts as the client service contact for client billing; supports Staples clients and relationship management teams, perform complex data analysis, provides management reporting, and works on various projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to interpret customer billing requirements based on face to face meetings with client and sales leads and set up appropriate billing methodologies, perform financial analysis and validate all billing matching criteria on client bills.
- Design, test and implement all custom billing using existing billing tools or in collaboration with IT to meet complex needs of key clients ensuring a complete understanding of the database content.
- Collect, analyze and explain variations in client billing trends, research and explain variances.
- Create Management Reporting; identify and implement improvements to existing reports and develop new reports as needed
- Monthly or on a predetermined customer schedule, create and run custom customer billing files and audit to outstanding AR. Support and implement billing automation, recommend technology enhancements and efficiency projects related to Billing
- Deliver stellar quality customer service interactions to our internal and external customers to exceed their expectations and create a positive experience.
- Maintain and document billing schedules and procedures for all accounts owned by assigned Account Executives, Account Managers and Managers. Generate and maintain control documentation of billing procedures to comply with governance audits and regulatory requirements. Will also build audit process to ensure data integrity and efficiency.
- Prints and/or distributes electronically, customer billing files
- Keeps Manager of Implementation and sales managers informed of all customized billing requirements of our Clients
- Maintain all records pertinent to the billing files of customers for regulatory period for audit purposes.
- Train sales staff on billing capabilities and guidelines for customized billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced MS Excel; Moderate MS Access - due in part to short turnaround times for billing
- Client service focus, good team work ethics and self-motivated.
- Able to work under strict work deadlines is critical
- Strong problem solving talent - natural curiosity to investigate issues and recommend solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong team player.
- Independent decision making and capacity to influence others.
- Ability to address and resolve conflicts confidently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Takes initiative and is proactive, takes ownership
- Strong detail orientation
- Minimum of three years Credit or collections experience
- Three (3) years of billing and analytics
- Database mining tools experience such as Oracle’s Hyperion. Crystal reports or other data mining tools.
- Knowledge of data base content and relational data.
- College graduate in Finance and or Business Administration
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business. Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.