Warehouse Associate 3 Inventory Control Consolidation Full Time, 3:30am- 12pm, Mon - Fri Houston, TX
- Performs WMS processes to support inbound and outbound operations
- Performs non-system inbound and outbound tasks
- Inspect all power equipment and complete the safety inspection sheet before operation
- Perform various shipping functions, such as loading trucks and packing product
- Check outbound product and tag product accordingly
- Participates in all scheduled physical inventories
- Performs basic housekeeping in assigned areas of warehouse
- Adheres to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
- Operate material handling equipment to move product within the warehouse
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner
- Minimum three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and cherry picker helpful
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 66 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using the personal computer and RF scanners to enter information. Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work in a warehouse environment while performing the duties of this job the employee may operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.