Lead Cloud Engineer, Cloud Engineering Azure
As a Cloud Engineer at Staples, you will be part of an exciting initiative to employ Cloud strategies across the country for one of the top ecommerce companies in the United States. Our Public Cloud Strategy is one of Staples Digital Solutions critical initiatives in 2018. Staples is undergoing a multi-year cloud adoption program that will drive critical technology and business value utilizing the most up to date cloud technologies. We are looking for highly motivated and experienced Cloud Engineers who want to be part of this expansive transformation. This exciting opportunity will afford the right individual the chance to grow their career, work with great people and cutting edge technology all while being part of a transformative initiative that drives tangible business value across the entire Staples enterprise.
Headquartered in Framingham, MA Staples has more than 70,000 employees worldwide, Staples, Inc. is a Fortune 500 company and is proud to be a leader in the Internet retail industry. Staples associates have the opportunity to contribute, innovate and share in the company’s financial success. For 30 years, Staples has served the needs of business customers and its vision is to provide every product businesses need to succeed. If you are looking to make a significant impact at a leading company, we would love to meet you. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, employee discounts, and annual bonus potential.
The Lead Cloud Engineer will work collaboratively within the Cloud Engineering team and drive key Cloud initiatives at Staples. This is a key role and the ideal candidate will lead key engineering design initiatives across various disciplines of Cloud Products, and drive execution of these deployments to the highest standards. The Cloud Engineer must have a proven track record managing technical initiatives, and a demonstrated expertise in related Cloud technologies. We are looking for an experienced technical leader who wants to grow their career and who will help drive the future transformation of this critical technology ecosystem.
- Act as the technical lead during the design and engineering phases, working in conjunction with a Technical Project Manager and Cloud Engineering Owner to create the development plan
- Determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces, and/or hardware logic which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work with internal teams to meet the new and emerging business requirements in the cloud
- Lead tracks of the technical architecture planning, data architecture design, project execution, user acceptance testing, and deployment of products and services into an enterprise environment moving to the cloud.
- Provide input to project teams, including determining development and deployment strategies, including code management, continuous integration and other aspects of Dev Ops
- Partner with teams to address the security analysis of cloud initiatives in collaboration with the technology and business unit personnel
- Researches and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and proactively recommend areas where they can bring business value
- Leads aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks and security
- Research, analyze and recommend approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Deploy and maintain a cloud network data center infrastructure and processes necessary to safeguard data systems.
- Configure (through automation) infrastructure and applications for high performance and highly available operation to meet business needs
- 6 to 8 years’ experience as an and Engineer in a technology related field with focus on digital solutions
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Cloud Technologies at least half of which should be on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Proven technology practitioner with experience in delivering large and complex technology solutions across a variety of platforms
- Be well versed in Microsoft Azure cloud solutions, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
- Strong hands on experience with Cloud based infrastructure and services Understanding of networking concepts and technologies (DNS, load balancing, firewalls, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a subject matter expert in software design, implementation, deployment, and support across our full platform
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- We’re looking for a tenacious self-starter with a passion to own, architect, engineer, and be accountable for technical products.
- The candidate should have excellent analytical capabilities, strong writing skills, services-based technical experience, and the desire to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment.
- BS required Demonstrated leadership ability Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Demonstrated Cloud Engineering skills on the Microsoft Azure platform Demonstrated hands on experience with multiple modern automation platforms such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, ARM templates, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities Interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record
- Experience with Agile/iterative methodologies Travel 10% on average, 25-50% some months
Experience with several of the following technologies:
- Hands on AWS experience