National Sales Trainer - Facilities Solutions
- Create, design and evolve real life interactive Facility Solutions Technical Training Curriculum for IAM’s AM’s and BDM groups.
- Conduct day long (sometimes 2 day) in class room training of all Staples GL and FS associates, in English or French. Follow up to ensure retention with “1 on 1” (field sales call) training
- Conduct class room or “1 on 1” training of other Staples associates (Customer Care, Purchasing, Requisitions, Bids)
- Act in the role of a facilities subject matter expert for all FS matters.
- Organize, schedule and conduct computer “distance learning” (Webinar) Facility Solutions Technical Training sessions for FS Reps.
- Collaborate with Facility Solutions and General Line sales management in the scheduling , conducting and tracking of sales rep training
- Collaborate with new vendors to bring new products/technologies to the FS Team and other sales associates.
- Act as the provider of on-going market information by sending associates training, product and market information, via internal communication service.
- Participate as a training instructor in Facility Solutions New Hire “On Boarding” process Training Sessions
- Work with US based head FS trainer to share ideas and ensure best practices. Additionally, work with Learning and Development team in Chicago to Canadianize internal HUB FS training.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that programs and metrics are being managed and progressing (i.e. forms)
- Bilingual (French-English) a strong asset
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to mentor, coach, and influence sales associates
- Selling through “Staples Way”
- Organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience utilizing Salesforce.com, Internet, ordering platforms, and MS Office Suite
- Creative, flexible and adaptive
- Effective at collaborating across business units and levels
- Strong relationship builder
- Availability to travel considerably - road and air travel
- 10 + years in Manufacturing and or Janitorial distribution
- Work collaboratively with FS vendors on proper product knowledge and use of specific Staples Facility Solutions products and equipment
- Selling experience as a field sales representatives in the role of a “technical subject matter expert” when meeting with customers
- Able to create a learning environment using strong facilitation skills
- Bachelor degree preferred