Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive – High End Accounts – Local & National:
Are you a sales professional who thrives on hunting for prospective customers? We’re looking for a Business Development Executive responsible for prospecting new business opportunities in the high-end market segment which include: large, national, and global companies in the Private 500 & Fortune 2000 with more than 400 employees.
Selling for Staples Advantage:
Our product depth and breadth (over 300,000) will provide you with the best selection of products and services for your customers. We are the #3 eCommerce player behind Amazon and Apple and our product assortment is growing every day. We are an industry leader in Facilities and Breakroom, Technology Supplies, Print Services, Promotional Products, Commercial Furniture, and Office Products.
Our Team Selling model provides a comprehensive support structure:
- Highly knowledgeable category product specialists to assist in closing the deal
- Dynamic Pricing and RFP teams to assist in developing your proposals
- Project managers to complete the solution implementation
- Seasoned strategic account leaders who maintain the account after implementation
- You will be selling our world-class Supply Chain with an extensive fulfillment and delivery network plus Technology programs and solutions that can fulfill your customer needs. Staples is committed to continuous investment in products and services to meet evolving customer demands
About the Role:
As a Business Development Executive, you will research and prospect companies and schedule in-person presentations with top level executives. You will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying customer needs and developing a comprehensive customer acquisition strategy which drives value multiple product categories simultaneously with fairly complex needs
- Developing tailored programs with customized pricing using a consultative selling approach
- Managing account sales and strategy as well as the account handoff process in a team selling environment
- Achieve/exceed sales targets for a defined sales and GP quota and earn uncapped commissions above target
You are a highly-driven, competitive, results-oriented person that leverages your communication and persuasion skills to strategize and close complex accounts.
- Established record of success achieving sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to consult/sell to the highest level decision makers in large companies
- Computer knowledge including extensive internet navigation and demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of 3 years previous sales experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous marketing knowledge
- Knowledge of products, pricing, competition, and sales objectives
- Previous experience using salesforce.com or a comparable sales tool
As the world’s largest office products company, and the #3 internet retailer, Staples is a Fortune 150 company and a recognized name across more than 26 countries. Staples offers more products than ever, in categories such as technology, facilities and breakroom, furniture, safety, and medical, as well as Copy & Print and Staples® EasyTechsm services. Learn more http://careers.staples.com.
Staples offers comprehensive benefits and competitive pay with uncapped commissions. We provide broad training as well as opportunities for career advancement.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.