Principal Software Engineer Supply Chain Technologies - (Front End)
Principal Software Engineer Supply Chain Technologies – Front-End
Staples’ Supply Chain Technology Team is looking for an experienced Software Developer who wants to help design front-end systems that support Staples’ next generation forecasting, planning, and inbound systems. Our objective is to deliver innovative and simple-to-use solutions that generate increased value for our users. This Principal Engineer position will work closely with some of the brightest software engineers and product managers to solve highly complex challenges. You will contribute towards system architecture, building highly-available and secure services based solutions.
- Design, develop and support Forecasting, Planning & Inbound projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with data scientists to turn working prototypes into well-abstracted, reusable modules in a micro-service framework.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Work with engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Lead Forecasting, Planning & Inbound product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members
- Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them.
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- A Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 5-8+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Java, or other relevant technologies
- Experience working with data driven applications in a multi-tiered environment.
- Work experience with Agile and DevOps technologies tools like JIRA, Jenkins, Stash, Confluence, git, etc.
- Experience using Spring, Spring Boot and micro services.
- Experience using and creating REST APIs.
- Experience working with large volumes of complex data, using tools such as Hive, Spark, PySpark and Hadoop framework.
- Strong ability to collaborate with enterprise level cross functional technical teams to design and deliver scalable solutions.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.