Assists in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs related to base salary, incentives or other awards. Evaluates salaried, hourly, and middle management positions. Assesses competitive practice and the organization’s competitive position for specific programs for client groups that are large in scope or complexity. Prepares reports, makes recommendations, and interprets policies/procedures with moderate to high complexity. Lead or participate in large scale or complex projects in areas such as job evaluation, pay programs, salary structures, compensation surveys and other compensation related projects.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Assists in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that are large scope or complexity. This may impact the business in the millions of dollars.
• Primary Compensation responsibilities for specific functional area in US Retail as it relates to job evaluations, salary recommendations, Compensation tickets (issue resolution), administration of compensation programs.
• Conduct analyses for external competitiveness and internal equity. Identify trends and draw conclusions on findings.
• Preparation of salary surveys, ad hoc compensation surveys and compilation of survey Market data for salaried and hourly positions.
• Participate in Compensation projects such as merit processes, market reviews, and long-range planning.
• Support the administration and communication of bonus/incentive programs. This includes prepping, calculating, uploading payouts, and reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
• Evaluate existing Compensation reporting and analysis. Leveraging macros and/or Tableau, recommend and implement improvements and efficiencies to make the process faster, more accurate, and easier to administer.
• Analyze Compensation ticket (issue resolution) patterns and recommend solutions to reduce quantity and improve programs effectiveness.
• Contacts are primarily with Comp team, HR, and Mgmt in designing and managing effective compensation programs.
• Participate in salary survey process. Gather appropriate compensation data elements as required by each survey. Work with survey vendors to ensure appropriate data submission.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Able to conduct compensation analysis (moderate to high complexity) for external market competitiveness
• Able to level a job (up to Director) via Staples Job Evaluation process or Hay
• Able to prepare a compensation recommendation in Excel and/or PowerPoint