SPP Field Sales Director - (Southeast- Raleigh/ Charlotte, NC or Columbia, SC)
As a field sales leader, the Promotional Products Field Sales Director is responsible for leading an outside sales team focused on selling promotional products and services. Success is measured by sales and margin budget attainment, customer retention, employee engagement, and the ability to work cross functionally within Staples.
- Meet or exceed sales and margin objectives by leading a team of Promotional Products Account Executives and by working directly with our customers to drive revenue, profits, and retention.
- Ability to work in team collaborative environment and effectively build relationships with customers and across functional groups in Staples
- Ensure the execution of tactical and operational segments of the sales plan
- Oversee sales process from team members on calls to new accounts
- Approve proposals, presentations, and pricing to customers
- Coach team members to ensure the successful closing of business opportunities
- Responsible for effectively managing a team - recruit, mentor, coach, and develop sales team members to maximize their potential.
- Hold team accountable to meeting or exceeding objectives
- Effectively implement and monitor key program components, including performance to sales targets, commission plans, performance appraisals, and professional development
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to analyze, incorporate, and apply new information and concepts to drive business performance.
- Experience using a database to access customer, sales and data relevant to team success.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to manage execution through delegation and monitoring progress of a team
- Strategic-thinking skills - experience creating and refining sales plans to drive market sales as well as individual sales for team members
- Ability to influence others and advocate ideas as well as to engage, inspire, and encourage others to set challenging goals and achieve high standards of performance
- Skilled at developing others and holding team members accountable to expectations
- Strong communication skills and Active listening skills - write and speak effectively
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Values diversity and seeks diverse ideas and points of view to achieve business success
- Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results:
- Ability to establish trust and act with integrity; hold self and team accountable to operate under stated policies and practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Previous sales management experience desired
- High level of business acumen including financial analysis
- Advanced selling and negotiation skills
- Extensive experience with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Results oriented, self- motivated, and driven by both financial and career opportunities
- Experience in the promotional products industry
- Experience managing a sales team
- Strong prospecting and closing abilities
- Experience with Salesforce.com including reporting
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.