Active Directory and Messaging Services Engineer
The Active Directory and Messaging Services Engineer will provide technical expertise and perform ongoing design, development, support and implementation of a large enterprise Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365 platform. Support will include performance optimization, capacity planning and analysis and daily tasks to maintain stable and highly available corporate resources.
- Provide technical leadership, application architecture and support for Staples instance of Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365 and Exchange 2010 Implement action plans designed to maintain system performance and meet security standards
- Collaborate with project team members and key client stakeholders to scope out projects. This includes facilitating work planning activities and technical envisioning activities that result in the execution of actionable projects and initiatives.
- Work across platform teams and assist the technical delivery leads to help define and develop the proper solution architecture to ensure sustained growth, scalability and governance of each solution.
- Maintain operational excellence by providing training and educational opportunities to the Tier2 support team including identifying key areas for process improvement
- Provide feedback and direction on technology roadmap\strategy.
- Create, manage and update product and user documentation. Perform system monitoring, reporting and solve complex problems
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies as well enforcing best practices for data and process integration.
- Act as escalation support for top tier issues Provide after hours and on-call support as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ technical experience Experience with Active Directory 2008 R2 – 2012 R2 and AD Forests
- Solid understanding of all aspects of Active Directory including Users, Groups, Contacts and Organizational Units Knowledge of ADFS, AAD Connect and Microsoft Key Management Services Experience with Exchange 2010 – Exchange 2016 in hybrid model
- Skilled in Office 365 technologies
- Exposure to Forefront Online Protection and Exchange Online Protection Involvement with Quest Management Tools, Symantec Antivirus, Trustwave MailMarshal and PowerShell a plus
- ITIL experience desired Experience leading complex technical projects