San Mateo Innovation Lab
Staples eCommerce team is coming to Silicon Valley!
Do you grok Clojure and Big Data? Excited about large systems and machine learning? Have you ever wanted to work with the agility and speed of a start-up environment, while being backed by the resources of a multi-billion dollar company? Now’s your chance!
Staples, the world’s second largest internet retailer, recently completed the acquisition of Runa, a software company based in San Mateo, Calif. that helps online retailers increase sales by personalizing the shopping experience. We’re ramping up to hire a cutting-edge team for our latest Staples lab, with offices located in downtown San Mateo, four blocks from the train station.
The San Mateo team will drive major initiatives in next-generation digital platforms, personalization and big data research, to be leveraged in 26 countries.
Join our cutting-edge team!
We’re seeking dynamic individuals with superb technical, analytical and communication skills to join and our San Mateo team.
- Unleash Clojure’s unique capabilities
- Innovate and push the envelope
- Make complex machine learning & data models run “magically” fast
- Proficiency in one or more of R, Scipy, Hadoop or Mahout
- Research/develop a new set of algorithms to transform eCommerce
- Play with the latest Machine Learning algorithms on terabytes of data
- Transform business processes and systems used at one of the world’s largest e-commerce operations
- Understand what it means for products to be intuitive and usable
- Convert numbers and data into pictures and graphs that get to the very essence of things
- Passion for testing and automation
- Ensure the applicability and usability of products
- Work to automate absolutely everything
- Implement self-healing systems to automate your work away
- Enjoy the challenge of mission-critical distributed systems
- Turn clusters of servers into efficient platforms that can scale with the business
- Identify opportunities for innovation
- Connect it all: design, UX, product vision, visualization…
- Develop insightful visualization when most get drowned in oceans of data
Connect with us: