Provides leadership and direction to assigned team of Resolution Specialists in consistently supporting the Staples Business Advantage Sales Organization. Hires, trains, coaches and manages performance of assigned team. Provides coaching and training to Resolution Specialists for new/existing processes, quality assurance scores and department adherence. Develops and maintains in-depth understanding of the NAC Sales Organization.
Impact on Business:
- Manages a team of resolution associates which includes hiring, coaching, development, training and performance management.
- Optimizes efficiencies by leveraging individual and team strengths, delegate tasks to the appropriate level and drives consistency in the process and support organization-wide.
- Consistently searches for ways to improve service by proactively seeking feedback from key business partners.
- Chooses the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, impact to field, tradeoffs, timing and available resources.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates business partner needs, expectations and requirements
- Conducts research and manages special projects as necessary
- Removes obstacles in order to move the work forward and get efforts back on track.
- Understanding of the internal landscape, business logic and systems is essential.
- Participation in ad hoc projects as required by changing business goals and requests from Sales
Innovation and Change:
- Team with Director of Resolution to define and implement best approaches and practices in support of customer requirements and expectations. New and unique solutions are encouraged for discussion as part of the position.
- Partner with peer managers in providing a unified approach to Sales Support across the country.
- Take necessary steps to prevent recurrence of same-service issue with consideration of customer guidelines
- Identify and share areas of opportunity that exist with regard to team service levels, materials and processes.
- Eliminate recurring obstacles by solving for root cause and/or changing or improving process when needed
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties:
- Acts on behalf of Sales and partner with all internal functional partners (i.e. Customer Service, NSP, Credit, Transpiration, Sales Order Entry and Vendors) in order to secure solutions on behalf of Sales
- Provide consultation to Sales as well as to appropriate internal and external contacts regarding the scope and effect of all required action items.
- Ensure proper communication procedures are followed to accurately manage workload.
- Communicate final resolution back to Sales, Leadership and external customer via e-mail and/or phone.
- Ultimately responsible for leading, managing, developing and performance managing a team of Resolution Specialists
- Foster a sense of urgency in others for achieving objectives, delegate tasks and requests to the appropriate Lead or Resolution Specialist
- Create an engaging atmosphere where everyone feels valued and appreciated
- Promote sharing of expertise and a free flow of communication and learning across team
- Design, coach, train and support Resolution Associate development for internal growth and career opportunities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in a leadership/supervisory role
- Prior training, coaching and facilitation experience required
- 2-4 years call center experience
- Exceptional problem solver
- MS Office suite proficiency; advanced knowledge of Excel and Salesforce.com
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strategic thinking combined with ‘on your feet’ thinking
- Project Management experience
- Experience working in sales organization(s), directly with Sales
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented with a high level of personal accountability
- High degree of confidence
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment and challenging atmosphere that presents a significant and consistent work load
- Proven customer service skills with the ability to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor while managing multiple deadline-oriented projects
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.