As part of the Customer Intelligence team, Insight Analysts strive to deliver value every day to our customers, our associates, and our internal business partners through insightful, relevant, and actionable insights supported by data, primarily focused on improving the customer experience.
The Insight Analyst is responsible for using analytical tools and statistical methods to provide insight into key business opportunities and help make decisions. This position represents an ideal role for a highly motivated and analytical minded individual. Given the strategic and cross-functional nature of this role, successful applicants will possess a combination of structured thinking, exceptional collaboration skills, strong analytical ability, and a passion for leveraging these skills to solve business problems.
Leverage advanced analytics methods and statistics to surface insights that improve the customer experience
- Analyze structured and unstructured data using statistical analysis (e.g., t-tests, ANOVA, regression).
- Research, design and implement statistical models and algorithms to analyze diverse and large data sets
- Use advanced data visualization techniques to explain research and analysis results
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to address specific business questions from stakeholder groups.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards that show trends and results.
- Document and facilitate sharing of research findings in appropriate formats (technical documents, white papers, ppt presentations, etc)
- Ensure calculations, approaches, and data behind analysis are sound
- Possess expert knowledge of a variety of data sources and metrics leveraged by the team
- Take a leadership role on larger research initiatives (e.g. assist in developing the plan and approach, take the lead where multiple researchers are involved, etc)
Drive innovation on the team related to data analytics methods, data sources, and/or technology
- Network within the Staples data community to learn of new available technologies and data sources
- Stay up to date with current trends in data science, business intelligence and customer research – proactively apply ideas and share knowledge with team members
- Be a data science thought leader of ways to use data to extend Staples’ understanding of the customer experience
- Drive technical improvements for data storage, retrieval, and analytical use
- Proactively create tools and promote the use of platforms that support the reusability of code
- Collaborate with data scientists in other departments to conduct analysis and research which gives a full view of the customer experience (e.g. Supply Chain, eCommerce, etc.)
- Function as an analysis, data, and/or technology SME leader within the team
- Review the work of team members and provide constructive feedback
- Advise on the appropriate application of analytical techniques
- Provide guidance and support to research projects
Be integral part of executing the Customer Service strategy to provide customer intelligence to the Staples organization
- Product actionable and valuable customer insight
- Communicate insight clearly and effectively to leaders across the company through documentation, presentations, and data visualization
- Support a suite of metrics that measure the customer experience
- Contribute to building the processes, procedures, and technology that support a customer intelligence and analytics organization