With over 65 years of experience, Staples prides itself as the top promotional products distributor in North America.
Staples Promotional Products is dedicated to maintaining a brand’s integrity and delivering orders on time and on budget. Whether a company is large or small, our team of creative experts is here to help develop the best marketing solution. Companies will find the perfect promotional products to fit their advertising needs. Our top-notch customer service is unmatched in the industry, keeping companies our top priority.
Prospects and closes profitable promotional products sales to a diverse range of mid-size accounts that are primarily Staples customers. Serves as the primary contact for the client during the sales process and works with internal support functions (special order, account services, sales management, etc.) to ensure that client needs are met for special order and managed programs. As part of an integrated, strategic selling team, the Promotional Products Account Executive collaborates with sales professionals from other Staples product categories to develop sales strategies for Staples accounts to maximize sales of all product categories.
- Achieves sales budget and margin objectives
- Prospects in assigned territory for new mid-sized promotional products customers (defined as those having under $400,000 in annual promotional products spend) primarily within existing Staples account base or new accounts in their assigned markets.
- Manages and expands (new departments, contacts, etc.) the corporate relationship with select mid-size customers.
- Provides direction and support to all internal departments that support the customer – Special Order, Account Services, Merchandising, and Customer Service – to insure client needs are met.
- Conducts meetings and presentations with key account stake holders to drive sales and insure excellent customer experience.
- Directs special order sales for customers, with a focus on SPP’s preferred supplier network.
- Serves as promotional products category specialist to other members of Staples Strategic Account team
- Conducts effective joint sales calls with Staples Strategic Account Team in a well-coordinated and client focused manner that utilizes all the team members involved
- Contributes during group problem-solving and strategy meetings with Staples Strategic Account Team
- Works with Sales Manager to develop sales and business development strategies for their assigned territory
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales/Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 – 6 years of sales experience
- Promotional Products experience preferred.
- Demonstrated business development and selling skills to achieve sales goals
- Excellent verbal, written and group communication skills
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong relationship building skills with internal and external customers
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Excellent time management
- Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow-through
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com, SPP proprietary e-commerce platforms)
- Sound financial acumen
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.