Imagine working for a company that has one of the widest selections of technology products in the industry. Staples Technology Solutions (STS) is a B2B Sales division of Staples Contract and Commercial. We provide multiple solutions to businesses including data center infrastructure products and services, desktops, laptops, tablets, peripherals, Managed Print Services, and Outsourced IT products including cloud hosting and back up. From the largest global enterprises to local commercial businesses, our STS team provides customized solutions that leverage our vast purchasing, warehousing, delivery and logistics and to meet customers everyday business needs. For more information, visit: http://careers.staples.com/key-hiring-areas/technology-sales/.
The Inside Technology Sales Specialist will collaborate in a joint sales motion with our Technology Program Account Managers (TPAM’s) to penetrate and uncover technology opportunities in our current customer base in addition to working with our new business acquisition team when applicable. We will support and sell our entire technology product and services offering, which includes but is not limited to tablets, laptops, desktops, printers, headsets, memory, shredders, and many other office and desktop technology products, along with procuring leads for IT services and MPS (managed print services) opportunities.
• Proactively reach out to existing sales accounts and identify new technology opportunities using consultative, value-based selling strategies
• Qualify technology opportunities and present solutions to create loyal Staples customers that will grow and penetrate our technology business
• Meet Key Performance Indicators, which includes but is not limited to live customer contacts, opportunities created, opportunities converted, and revenue generated
• Work directly with TPAM’s to identify, support, and cultivate opportunities to drive further category penetration as needed
• Contribute to the development of solutions and proposals for both program and transactional technology opportunities
• Develop, nurture and grow manufacturer relationships and work with our key suppliers and other identified technology vendors to grow sales
• Work closely with internal partners and groups to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty throughout the ordering process
• High school diploma or GED
• 1 year of sales experience
• Motivated self-starter able to hit performance metrics and sales goals
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Strong organizational, prioritization, time management, and communication (written & verbal) skills
• Resourceful and able to work independently
• Experience selling technology hardware, peripherals, and services to customers at the administrative and management level
• Knowledge of Salesforce.com and AS400
• Proven ability to uncover opportunities and develop proposals that lead to customer retention and profitable sales growth
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.